Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thankful for Fulltime Families and Dads

      Although we are a FTF member, we are not *yet* a FULLtime family. We are a family with a "sticks and bricks" house who RVs several months of the year. We attend FTF rallies and meet up with other FTF members as often as we can in our travels.


some families at the PA RenFest

      It occurred to me during our last 'outing' to PA, as my boys were giving me the play-by-play of every move one of our male members made at his camper, how much the FTF dads mean to my children. My current 8 are all adopted & got only a mom out of the deal. In some ways, it was better for some of them not to have 2 parents, as expert triangulators will pit one parent against another to manipulate to get their way, but one of my boys cried when he met me and found out there was no dad in this family. They know God as their dad, and He's the only one I ever had, as well.

Some families at game time

      The FTF dads who spend time with my children provide a good example of what a dad should be. My children have truly enjoyed playing football, playing instruments, exploring, riding rides at theme parks, sharing pot luck suppers, sitting around the campfire, and just chatting about Christianity, music, sports, motors, and whatever else it is you guys have chatted with my children about. They are learning so much about a man's/father's role in life. Thank you to all the FTF community and the dads who will knowingly, or unknowingly, exert a positive influence on my children as we travel.

my daughter's drawing of our RV

No comments:

Post a Comment